domingo, 4 de febrero de 2018

Wednesday, 31rst January 2018

TODAY IN CLASS:

-Song: “I think I will”, Faith Hill

What 1. __________ you say
if I 2. __________ something strange to make a 3. ________?
And how 1. __________ you feel?
What 1. __________ you do
if I 4. __________ something out of the 5. __________
to make the world a 6. __________ place?
Oh I think I 7. __________.

CHORUS:
Gonna change for a 8. __________,
Gonna take your 9. ______ and make it mine this 10. ______.
Oh I, I think I 7. __________.
I'm gonna run til I 11. __________
another way to 12. __________ you mine in 10. __________.
Oh I, I think I 7. __________. (I think I 7. __________).

What 1. __________ you give
if I 13. ________ you everything and that's for14. _______?
How 1. __________ you feel?
What 1. __________ you think
if I 15. __________  about doing something 16. __________
Yeah just to make you 17. __________?
Oh I think I 7 __________.

CHORUS

I'm takin' it 18. __________ but the further I 19 _________
The more I know I think I 7. __________.
The 20. __________ I live the 21. __________ I get
I'm 22. __________, I think I 7. __________.
I'm takin' it 18. __________ but the further I 19 _________
The more I know I think I 7. __________.
The 20. __________ I live the 21. __________ I get
I'm 22. __________, I think I 7. __________.

CHORUS

-Corregir Transformations FCE Gold / Page 37

1 Would you mind helping me move this sofa? HAND
Would you mind GIVING ME A HAND WITH this sofa?

2 l'm involved in a lot of projects at the moment. FINGER
l've GOT MY FINGER IN a lot of pies at the moment.

3 When I needed someone to talk to about my problems, Bill was always there. SHOULDER
When I needed A SHOULDER TO CRY, Bill was always there.

4. Since I met Mark, I haven't looked at other boys. EYES
Since I met him, I HAVE ONLY HAD EYES FOR Mark.

5. He was playing so well it seemed as if he couldn't make a mistake. FOOT
He was playing so well it seemed he couldn't PUT A FOOT wrong.

-Book, page 137, ejercicios 3Ba


VOCABULARY: you should check Quizlet!

PHONETICS:
above /əˈbʌv/, ache /eɪk/, although /ɔːlˈðəʊ/, blood /blʌd/, carbohydrate /ˈkɑːbəʊˈhaɪdreɪt/, dessert /dɪˈzɜːt/, flood /flʌd/, mountain /ˈmaʊntɪn/, private /ˈpraɪvɪt/, scene /siːn/, sure /ʃʊə/, women/ˈwɪmɪn/, vulture /ˈvʌlʧə/

HOMEWORK:
-Ejercicio sobre el artículo, de NEFGreenPhotoc., page 155.
-FCE MACMILLAN WORKBOOK, page 120, Cloze + Word formation
-DVD: Sansa Stark, from GAME OF THRONES


INFINITIVE OR GERUND:

Infinitive: afford, agree, allow + object + to infinitive (allow me to go), appear, ask, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), begin (in continuous tenses, with infinitive), claim, decide, demand, expect, forget, hesitate, hope, intend, learn, manage, mean, need, offer, persuade, plan, pretend, promise, refuse, seem, try, wait, want, would like, would prefer.

Gerund: admit, allow, avoid, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), can´t stand, consider, deny, discuss, don´t feel like, doesn´t / don´t mind, hate, enjoy, imagine, involve, keep, like, look forward to, love, mention, miss, need, practice, prefer, quite like, recall, recommend, regret, risk, spend, stop, suggest, understand,

Bare infinitive: had better, make, modal verbs, would rather, help


ADJECTIVE ORDER:
Opinion + size + age + shape + colour + pattern + material + nationality


NON-ACTION VERBS:
Agree, be, believe, belong, depend, forget, hate, hear, know, like, love, mater, mean, need, prefer, realize, recognize, remember, seem, suppose

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario