jueves, 14 de noviembre de 2013

13/11/2013, Wednesday

VOCABULARY:
To be scared of, actually =  in fact, to belong, huge, armchair, earthquake, flood, blood, to face, brain, to involve, fear, steel, terrific, terrified, bat, aisle /ail/, since, for, sin, sinner, what (=lo que), is up to you, to make sense, to rot-rotted-rotten, owner, to enter, to realize, to complain, whose, guy, concerning, footstep, fingerprint, fan, to earn, strike, demonstration, weekly, success, to depend on, to pay for, to ask for, to wait for, worry about, to arrive in, to arrive at, to speak to, to fall in love with, date, journalist, to book, to rest, rest room, to be in a hurry, hurry up, roundabout, straight, curly, wavy, to argue, eve, pumpkin, matches, go straight on, turn right, turn left, hammer, reach, feed-fed-fed, to be fed up with, to find out, brand, hill, faith, sleeve, upload, selfish, to pay attention, happiness, bill, silly, stubborn, instead.

TODAY IN CLASS:
-Recoger composiciones: sobre realities o con vocabulario dado (page 117)
-Volvemos al Book, page 77, ejercicio C referido al texto con el que hemos trabajado en clase, para poner en común qué información dada pensamos que es incorrecta.

-Canción: “This is me”, Faith Hill

I have my addictions and keep my share of 1. __________
and things you'll 2. __________ see.
I get 3. __________ and defensive
and 4. __________too much attention to my insecurities.
I'm just like everybody 5. __________, I 6. _________to love Jesus and myself.

CHORUS
I don't 7. __________ what you 8. __________,
or what you 9. __________ of what you 10. __________
but this is a part of 11. __________,
of what I 12.
__________ and 13. __________ I am,
all of my impurities are 14. __________ here on my sleeve.
This is 11.
__________. This is 11. __________.

My 15. __________ breaks for the homeless, I worry about my 16. __________
and all my 17. __________ are late.
I'm dealing with the 18. __________,
this complicated strangeness of 19. __________ life this way.
I'm just like everybody 5. __________, I 6. _________to love Jesus and myself.

CHORUS

I laugh at 20. __________ movies, tear up when I see 21. __________
And I'm stubborn as a 22. __________.
I criticize my 23. __________,
I wonder if I'm ready to ever be 24. __________.

I'm just like everybody 5. __________,
I 25. __________, yes I 25. __________, just like everybody 5. __________.

CHORUS

This is 11._____. Don´t be 26. ______ who you are! 27. _______ who you are!
What you 28. __________, what you 29. __________,
what you 30. __________. 31. __________you are.


-Lectura / corrección texto page 117


HOMEWORK:
Los ejercicios de deberes de esta semana son diferentes, tendréis que consultar el diccionario o investigar por internet. Pero seguro que os divierten y podéis disfrutar de algo distinto para descansar de las  frases para completar con verbos…

-Multiple choice cloze

Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, or C best fits each space. There is an example at the beginning (0).

The century´s best film

Many film (0) CRITICS think that THE MATRIX is one of the best films of the 21st century so far. In my opinion, the main reason for this is that the (1) __________ is both original and extremely mysterious. Of course the special  (2) __________ are amazing as well, especially all the fight (3) __________ when the actors do incredible kung fu  (4) __________. For me, the most memorable (5) __________ in the film is the one where Keanu Reeves, who (6) __________  the part of Neo, and Morpheus meet for the first time. The tension reaches a (7) __________ when we learn the truth about the Matrix.
I first saw this film in the front (8) __________ of my local cinema but like many people I have watched it many times since then on DVD, on the small (9) __________  of my laptop computer. Although the (10) __________ didn´t quite live up to my expectations, I still think the first film is great.

0
A. surveyors
B. critics  
C. judges
1
A. plot
B. scene
C. role
2
A. efforts
B. effects
C. actions
3
A. areas
B. places
C. sequences
4
A. acts
B. games
C. stunts
5
A. scene
B. situation
C. location
6
A. does
B. plays
C. makes
7
A. summit
B. top
C. climax
8
A. line
B. queue
C. row
9
A. screen
B. board
C. top
10
A. sequels
B. remakes
C. developments

-Word formation

Read the following text about the sport of free-diving. Use the word given in capitals at the end of each line to form a word that fits the space in the same line. There is an example at the beginning (0).


Former swimming (0) INSTRUCTOR Tanya Streeter, 26, has achieved what many

INSTRUCT
thought was (1) IMPOSSIBLE and dived to 370 feet below the sea on a single

POSSIBLE
lungful of air. (2) COMPETITORS in
free-diving take a deep breath before

COMPETE
(3) DISAPPEARING into the depths of the ocean. Rigorous training has helped

APPEAR
Tanya to go deeper than male (4) DIVERS and break one of the most difficult diving records.

DIVE
Free-diving is a dangerous sport. Deaths are frequent and it is not (5) UNCOMMON to pass out or to have nose bleed on the descent. Tanya, who


COMMON
can hold her breath for five minutes (6) UNDERWATER says that many men tried


WATER
to (7) DISCOURAGE her from attempting to break the record. “They all said


ENCOURAGE
it was (8) UNLIKELY that a woman could reach such depths without breathing

LIKELY
equipment. They (9) MISJUDGE my abilities and I proved them wrong”. In 1988

JUDGE
the French film (10) DIRECTOR Luc Besson made a film about free-diving, “Le Grand Bleu”, which became the  biggest box-office hit in France of all time.


DIRECT


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario