lunes, 6 de noviembre de 2017

Monday, 6th November 2017

TODAY IN CLASS:
-Canción: "River of dreams" (Billy Joel)
In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________ I go walking in my 3. ________
From the 4. ________ of faith to the river so 5. ________.
I must be looking for something, something sacred I 6. ________.
But the river is 7. ________, and it's too 8. ________ to cross.

Even though I 9. ________ the river is wide
I walk down every 10. ________ and I stand on the 11. ________
And try to cross to the opposite 12. ________
So I can finally 13. ________ what I've been looking for.

In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________ I go walking in my 3. ________
Through the valley of 14. ________ to a river so 5. ________.
And I've been 15. ________ for something
Taken out of my 16. ________,
Something I would never lose, something somebody 17. ________.

I don't know why I go walking at 18. ________
But now I'm 19. ________ and I don't want to walk 20. ________
I hope it doesn't take the rest of my 21. ________
Until I find 22. ________ it is that I've been looking for.

In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________ I go walking in my 3. ________
Through the 23. ________ of doubt to the river so 5. ________.
I know I'm 15. ________ for something,
Something so undefined
That it can 24. ________ be seen by the eyes of the 25. ________
In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________.

I'm not 26. ________ about a life after this
God knows I've never been a spiritual man.
Baptized by the 27. ________, I wade into the river
That runs to the promised 28. ________.

In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________ I go walking in my 3. ________
Through the 29. ________ of truth to the river so 5. ________.
We all end in the 30. ________, we all start in the 31. ________,
We're all carried along by the river of 32. ________.
In the 1. ________ of the 2. ________

-Corrección FCE Macmillan, Workbook, Page 14
>FCE Macmillan, Workbook, Page 14, TRANSFORMATIONS:
1.help laughing   2.to take up (playing) golf   3.am not very keen on   4.can´t stand being   5.is unsual for Andrea 6.to take place   7.am not very good at

VOCABULARY: you should check Quizlet!

PHONETICS:
although /ɔːlˈðəʊ/ - Carbohydrate /ˈkɑːbəʊˈhaɪdreɪt/ -dessert     /dɪˈzɜːt/ - private /ˈpraɪvɪt/ - sure /ʃʊə/ - women/ˈwɪmɪn/

HOMEWORK:
-Book, page 16, 5GRAMMAR, b) + c): sobre present perfect y past simple

INFINITIVE OR GERUND:

Infinitive: afford, agree, allow + object + to infinitive (allow me to go), appear, ask, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), begin (in continuous tenses, with infinitive), claim, decide, demand, expect, forget, hesitate, hope, intend, learn, manage, mean, need, offer, persuade, plan, pretend, promise, refuse, seem, try, wait, want, would like, would prefer.

Gerund: admit, allow, avoid, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), can´t stand, consider, deny, discuss, don´t feel like, doesn´t / don´t mind, hate, enjoy, imagine, involve, keep, like, look forward to, love, mention, miss, need, practice, prefer, quite like, recall, recommend, regret, risk, spend, stop, suggest, understand,

Bare infinitive: had better, make, modal verbs, would rather, help

ADJECTIVE ORDER:
Opinion + size + age + shape + colour + pattern + material + nationality

NON-ACTION VERBS:

Agree, be, believe, belong, depend, forget, hate, hear, know, like, love, mater, mean, need, prefer, realize, recognize, remember, seem, suppose

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario