jueves, 27 de noviembre de 2014

26/11/2014, Wednesday

TODAY IN CLASS:
-Corrección fotocopia sobre voz pasiva.
-Explicación de pronombres personales sujeto (I, you, he, she, it, we, you, they) + pronombres personales objeto (me, you, him, her, us, yuo, them) + adjetivos posesivos (my, you, his, her, its, our, your, their) + pronombres posesivos (mine, yours, his, hers, our, yours, theirs).
-Corrección TBPW, page 33, 1 + 2 + 3A + 3b
-DVD: “House for four”, chapter 6, sections 1 and 2. Just the beginning.

 VOCABULARY:
Actually, afford (to), allow (to), another + singular noun, another one, argue (to), argument, as well (as), average, avoid, be careful (to), be scared of (to), become independent (to), bone, book (to), both, break down (to), briefcase, bride, bridesmaid, bunch of flowers, busy, Chemistry, clue, come of age, compulsory, depend on (to), do crafts (to), do karate (to), doll, doubt, drawer, due to, even, event, exhibition, figure, fireworks, fix (to), flood, fortress, gonna + infinit. sin to,goods, helmet, hint, hire (to), hoover, I´d rather + bare infinitive, instead of, jealous, kite, kitten, knit (to), laptop, lately, lawyer, lobster, look after (to), look for (to), look like (to), look up (to),  mate, mend (to), mill, other + plural noun, oven, paragliding, pay attention to  (to), pensioner, pray (to), queue, reject (to), relative, row, run a business (to), scarf, selfish, speak to, spell, sweep-swept-swept, take care (to), talk to, the whole + noun, the other one, thief, threat, tidy, tiny, tip, upload (to), vacuum, wanna + infinit. sin to, warning, wedding dress, wheelchair, would you be so kind as to…?, wrist

ABOUT VACUUM vs HOOVER
My dear friend Mercedes, married to an Irish guy and living in Ireland for many years, told me about this point:
"I never say "hoover" because I think a Hoover type is a vacuum without a tube and pipes. And I personally prefer to use a vacuum cleaner with a tube and pipes".
I would say: "I am going to vacuum the living room now"
or, for example, "I vacuumed the hall yesterday"

HOMEWORK (sent by email):
-Page 85 about the passive.
-Reading “Burglars”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario