miércoles, 15 de mayo de 2013

My favorite photo, by Pablo


One of my favorite photos is this one of my Canadian Bear friend. (It was a short friendship but very strong).
I took the photo in the summer of 1997 when I was on holiday in Canada, with my wife and two friends we met in Switzerland one year before.
We  were at a place called Canadian Rocky Mountains. It was a country road and our guide saw a black bear. He stopped the car and we (my two friends and I) approached the bear while my wife shouted more and more. The black bear was getting closer but we hadn’t any problems: the bear was eating flowers and other plants without paying attention. The bear went straight towards us and when it was four meters from us, it looked at us one moment and was on the other way. What an exciting experience!
My wife told us that we had been stupid because the bear could have killed us but I answered that it seemed like a sheep and it was less dangerous than walking along San Jerónimo Street in Madrid.
When we were in the hotel, the rest of the group said us that they took several good photos but they wanted the bear had attacked us so they could take the best photo in their lives (I think they didn’t mean that… or yes!).
I love this photo because it’s exciting, like the place and the animals (deer, elk, caribou, …) and it reminds me of a lovely holiday.
I keep the photo in one of the three photo albums of our holidays in Canada. We spent seven camera films and nowadays we have taken thousands of digital photos.



1 comentario: