martes, 11 de junio de 2019

Monday, 10th June 2019

TODAY IN CLASS:
-Correcciones de writings.
-Canción: “First we take Manhattan" (Leonard Cohen)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTTC_fD598A

They 1. __________ me to twenty years of 2. __________
For trying to 3. __________ the system from within.
I'm coming now, I'm coming to 4. __________ them.
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________
I'm 8. __________ by a signal in the 9. __________,
I'm 8. __________ by this birthmark on my 10. __________,
I'm 8. __________ by the beauty of our 11. __________.
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________. 
REFRAIN:
I'd 12. __________ like to live 13. __________ you, baby.
I love your 14. __________
and your 15. __________ and your 16. __________.
But you see that 17. __________ there
moving 18. __________ the 19. __________?
I 20. __________ you, I 20. __________ you, 20. __________ you,
I was one of 21. __________.
Ah you loved me as a 22. __________,
but now you're 23. __________ that I just 24. __________ win.
You know the 25. __________ to stop me,
but you don't have the 26. __________.
How many nights I 27. __________ for this,
to let my work 28. __________?
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________
I don't like your fashion 29. __________ mister,
And I don't like these 30. __________ that keep you 31. __________,
I don't like what 32. __________ to my sister.
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________
REFRAIN
And I 33. __________ you for those items that you 34. __________ me,
The 35. __________ and the plywood 36. __________.
I 37. __________ every night, now I'm 38. __________.
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________
Ah 39. __________ me, I used to live for 40. __________.
39. __________ me, I 41. __________ your groceries in.
Well it's 42. __________ Day and everybody's Wounded.
5. __________ we take 6. __________, then we take 7. __________

VOCABULARY:
You should check Quizlet.com because there are some new words!

PHONETICS:
 adventure /ədˈvenʧə/, AIR /eə/, ankle /ˈæŋkl/, bird /bɜːd/, caricature /ˌkærɪkəˈtjʊə/, charge /'tʃɑ:dʒ/, choir /ˈkwaɪə/, church /'tʃɜ :tʃ/, drought /draʊt/, eight /eɪt/, forehead /ˈfɒrɪd/, future /ˈfjuːʧə/, hurt /hɜːt/, laugh /lɑːf/, love /lʌv/, mountain/ˈmaʊntɪn/, nature /ˈneɪʧə/, receipt /rɪˈsiːt/, sew /´səʊ/, south /saʊθ/, thorough θʌrə/, though /ðəʊ/, thought /θɔːt/, through /θruː/, throw /θrəʊ/, uncle/ˈʌŋkl/, wander /ˈwɒndə/, war /wɔː/, weight /weɪt/, women /ˈwɪmɪn/, wonder /ˈwʌndə/, word /wɜːd/, world /wɜːld/,

HOMEWORK:
-Reading multiple choice, “The day I stole a bicycle”, from FCE GOLD GREEN, page 84.


INFINITIVE OR GERUND:
Infinitive: afford, agree, allow + object + to infinitive (allow me to go), appear, arrange, ask, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), begin (in continuous tenses, with infinitive), claim, decide, demand, expect, forget, hesitate, hope, intend, learn, manage, mean, need, offer, persuade, plan, pretend, promise, refuse, seem, try, wait, want, would like, would prefer.

Gerund: admit, allow, avoid, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), can´t help, can´t stand, consider, deny, discuss, don´t feel like, doesn´t / don´t mind, hate, enjoy, finish, imagine, involve, keep, like, look forward to, love, mention, miss, need, practice, prefer, quite like, recall, recommend, regret, risk, spend, stop, suggest, tend, understand,

Bare infinitive: had better, let, make, modal verbs, would rather, help


ADJECTIVE ORDER:
Opinion + size + age + shape + colour + pattern + material + nationality


NON-ACTION VERBS:
Agree, be, believe, belong, depend, forget, hate, hear, know, like, love, mater, mean, need, prefer, want, realize, recognize, remember, seem, suppose, understand


ADVERBS TO BE USED:
·I strongly believe that…
·It is generally agreed that…
·To do something exceptionally fast / slow / carefully,…
·It is / would be extremely important
·It is / would be quite interesting
·It is / would be absolutely essential
·Not only A, but also B
·(I) either A or B
·(I) neither A nor B

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario