miércoles, 9 de enero de 2019

Monday, 7th January 2019

TODAY IN CLASS:
-Entrega del examen corregido y valoración de resultados.
-Canción: "Top of the World" (The Carpenters)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDPMmaHWj1I

Such a 1. __________ coming over me
There is 2. __________   in most everything I see
Not a 3. __________   in the sky, got the sun in my 4. __________
And I won't be 5. __________    if it's a dream
Everything I want the 6. __________   to be
Is now coming 7. __________   especially for me
And the 8. __________  is clear, it's because you are here
You're the 9. __________  thing to 10. __________  that I've seen
REFRAIN
I'm on the 11. _________ of the 6. ________  looking down on 12. __________
And the only 13. __________  I can find
Is the 14. __________  that I've found                                     ever 15. __________ you've been 16. __________
Your 17. __________ put me at the 11. __________ of the 6. __________
Something in the wind 18. ____________________ my name
And it's 19. __________ me that things are not the same
In the 20. __________ on the trees and the touch of the 21. __________
There's a pleasing sense of 22. __________ for me
There is only one wish 23. __________ my mind
When this day is 24. __________ I hope that I will find
That 25. __________ will be just the same for you and me
26. __________ I need will be 27. __________ if you are here
REFRAIN

REFRAIN

VOCABULARY:
You should check Quizlet.com

PHONETICS:
adventure /ədˈvenʧə/, ankle /ˈæŋkl/, bird /bɜːd/, caricature /ˌkærɪkəˈtjʊə/, charge /'tʃɑ:dʒ/, church /'tʃɜ:tʃ/, eight /eɪt/, forehead /ˈfɒrɪd/, future /ˈfjuːʧə/, hurt /hɜːt/, laugh /lɑːf/, love /lʌv/, mountain/ˈmaʊntɪn/, nature /ˈneɪʧə/, thorough θʌrə/, though /ðəʊ/, thought /θɔːt/, through /θruː/, throw /θrəʊ/, uncle/ˈʌŋkl/, wander /ˈwɒndə/, war /wɔː/, weight /weɪt/, women /ˈwɪmɪn/, wonder /ˈwʌndə/
word /wɜːd/, world /wɜːld/,

HOMEWORK:
-Open cloze, FCE Target First, page 9, “Love and relationships”

INFINITIVE OR GERUND:
Infinitive: afford, agree, allow + object + to infinitive (allow me to go), appear, arrange, ask, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), begin (in continuous tenses, with infinitive), claim, decide, demand, expect, forget, hesitate, hope, intend, learn, manage, mean, need, offer, persuade, plan, pretend, promise, refuse, seem, try, wait, want, would like, would prefer.

Gerund: admit, allow, avoid, begin (in non-continuous tenses, you can either use a gerund or an infinitive), can´t help, can´t stand, consider, deny, discuss, don´t feel like, doesn´t / don´t mind, hate, enjoy, finish, imagine, involve, keep, like, look forward to, love, mention, miss, need, practice, prefer, quite like, recall, recommend, regret, risk, spend, stop, suggest, understand,

Bare infinitive: had better, make, modal verbs, would rather, help


ADJECTIVE ORDER:
Opinion + size + age + shape + colour + pattern + material + nationality


NON-ACTION VERBS:
Agree, be, believe, belong, depend, forget, hate, hear, know, like, love, mater, mean, need, prefer, want, realize, recognize, remember, seem, suppose, understand


ADVERBS TO BE USED:
·I strongly believe that…
·It is generally agreed that…
·To do something exceptionally fast / slow / carefully,…
·It is / would be extremely important
·It is / would be quite interesting
·It is / would be absolutely essential

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario